August 16, 2024

   I'm Not Happy

The goal of my life is not necessarily to be happy. It is to be holy and hopeful.  But I must be honest:


  • I'm not happy politically. As I look at both parties it leads to despair. Even though one has a platform that's more acceptable to a Christian, neither is what I would wish. But I will vote!
  •  I'm not happy sociologically. Perversion seems to be everywhere, and our culture is creating more of it day by day.
  • I'm not happy economically. It seems that stability and trustworthiness are a thing of the past.
  • I'm not happy judicially. At the highest level, corruption has entered, and we are living in a world where verdicts are purchased.
  • I'm not happy emotionally and psychologically because all the above is true and I feel it.


Holiness has to do with my actions I remind myself of Romans 12:2 and Philippians 4:8 almost daily to guide me with my holiness. 


As for hopefulness, I must admit, that although I am not hopeful in the short term, I am very hopeful in the long term. I am waiting for the world of the future (Hebrews 2:5) a Kingdom that cannot be shaken. (Hebrews 12:28).  I await a Kingdom and a King where righteousness dwells and rules. (Revelation 20)


I am waiting for Him - the Lord Jesus Christ. And until He comes, I will wait with holy conduct and a heavenly outlook. And I will pray often - Come Lord Jesus, quickly (Revelation 22:20).


Serving Him with you

Until He comes for us.

Fred