December 2, 2022

Is God Bothered That I Ask for Too Much or That I Ask for Too Little?

I'm not the most adventuresome person in the world, but occasionally I try to stretch my imagination and surpass my boundaries. This week, for the first time, I had an alligator Po-Boy sandwich, spicy style, for lunch! Let's just say, I did not need dinner.


Sometimes it's important to stretch ourselves. That can be true in our mental and physical life as well as our spiritual life. I have been a pastor and a professor for 47 years and I know what it means to be stretched. I have lived long enough to know what Emerson warned us about: "Beware of the bareness of a busy life." My life has been busy, but it has not been barren.


However, I want to extend my attentiveness and I want to expand my awareness of God. I desire to enlarge my mindfulness and enlarge my consciousness of the Lord my God. I want to comprehend Him who is incomprehensible.


  • His Essence is What He is: The Species Unique. The I Am. The Only Wise God.
  •  His Existence is Who He is. He is Father. He is Son, and He is Holy Spirit.
  •  One in essence-Three in persons.


I desire to know Him. Nothing more. Nothing less. Nothing else.


As the deer pants for the water brooks,

so my soul thirsts for Thee O God

Psalm 42:1-2

 

Serving Him with you

Until He comes for us,


Fred 


PS - Recently I did a podcast interview on the the topic of "Enduring Hardship" based on my book, "Suffering Successfully." Click Here to listen to it.