November 25, 2022

Turkey Time with a Twist

I imagine that yesterday most of us ate too much but had a great time doing so. After all, it is Thanksgiving Turkey Time!


However, for many Christians, although they may have eaten like a king, they feel like an emotional pauper. Depression is at a very high level. In fact, a recent survey reminds us that 1 out of 8 adults has received a prescription for an anti-depressant medication this year. I would like to think that the percentage of Christians is lower, but unfortunately, I am not convinced that is true. Having worked as a professional counselor as well as a pastor, I am fully aware that Christians are not immune to disorders of the mind and depression of the spirit.


The Christmas season is upon us. And as the song says- “It’s the most wonderful time of the year.” And the reason is, Christ has come to bring true hope to a lost and dying world. And even though much in this world looks hopeless, never doubt and never forget that God is up to something. He has no rivals.


When I find myself giving in or feeling like giving up, I remind myself of the insight of V. Raymond Edmond: "Never doubt in the dark what God has told you in the light."

 

Serving Him with you

Until He comes for us,


Fred