Sounds like government at its best. However, a real Department of Eternal Review exists where every action is investigated, and every word is noted, and no scandal is forgotten.
This is known as the Department of Rewards - the Bema Seat of Christ. It is the ultimate accounting for the Christian of the investment of his life.
Please hear what I am not saying. I am not saying this is to determine if a person has eternal life. That is a free gift and is received the moment one believes in Jesus for eternal life. (John 1:12, 3:6, 5:24) The gift is eternally secure, and so are you! (John 5:24)
But the Department of Eternal Review, and the reward at the Bema Seat, is to determine how Christians invested their life to serve the Lord. That will make a difference in the life to come. (Please read 2 Corinthians 5:9-10 and Romans 14:10.)
The apostle Paul understood this truth and lived by it. He reminds himself and exhorts us as he writes to the Corinthians; "Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may win. And everyone who competes in the games exercises self control in all things. They then do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable. Therefore I run in such a way, as not without aim; I box in such a way, as not beating the air; but I buffet by body and make it my slave, lest possibly after I have preached to others, I myself should be disqualified." I Corinthians 9:24-27
We play the game, but God keeps the score! “What will it profit a man to gain the whole world and lose his Life?”
Serving Him with you Until He comes for us, Fred |