August 14, 2026

I have a new friend… his name is Insomnia

We only became acquainted a few weeks ago. I’m not sure if we met under stress or over fatigue. (Perhaps it is too much caffeine.)  But we are getting to know each other quite well since we are spending a great deal of time together. Perhaps it is an age thing. Whatever it is, I have a lot of time on my hands.


However, I have discovered that a dark, quiet house is a good place to meet the Lord. Modernity with all its technological advancements and distractions pushes and pulls me, filling, if not overloading, my days with good things that often drown out the best things. And make no mistake, He is the best.


Perhaps this is my new normal. Time will tell. But no matter what, I will redeem the time.


But I may need a nap this afternoon.


Serving Him with you

Until He comes for us,



Fred