April 5, 2024

Does it matter who I think I am?

Am I a sinner who is a saint or a saint who sins? There is a difference, and it is essential that we understand it. 

 

Identity includes perceiving our essence and our existence. In our essence, a Christian is regenerated and has a sinless seed indwelling them. In fact, the sinless seed is them! (I John 3:9 ) 

 

In addition we have the Holy spirit indwelling us since we are referred to as a temple of the Holy Spirit (I Corinthians 6:19; 2 Corinthians 6:16)


The reality of my essence is why Paul can declare that “It is no longer I who live but Christ who lives in me.” (Galatians 2:20) This is why Paul describes the believer as being "In Christ".

 

If this is my essence, then I should manifest this reality in the expression of my existence. This is why Paul, having exposited the theology of my position (Ephesians 1-3), then exhorts me to live this truth out in the condition of my life. (Ephesians 4-6) 

 

If my life is hidden in Christ above, then I am to seek to manifest who I am and whose I am every day of my life. The result is that no matter what I do, whether eating or drinking, I am to do all to the glory of God. 

(I Corinthians 10:31)

 

Serving Him with you

Until He comes for us.

Fred