July 12, 2024

"Be Still and Know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Let me be perfectly clear - I am not a Luddite. I am not against technology. It is true that I do not have a Twitter account, nor do I know how to use Snapchat. However, I do text.


My concern is not with technology and its integration ability and the speed at which it is able to operate. I am not even concerned that I say “thank you” to Alexa and Siri when they give me an answer to my questions.


However, I am concerned that the technology, which is to serve as a tool, can become an idol we worship. I am concerned that the overuse of, and dependence on technology, which is meant to add to us, is actually subtracting from us the ability to reflect.


I wonder if this is even more true concerning spiritual truths. There is something to be said for the ability to read slowly and ponder deeply. It seems to me that deepening our spirituality depends upon demanding the time to think and developing the habit of thought.


Let me encourage you right now to open your Bible or your phone app to Psalm 1 and invest a brief time reading and reflecting on these six short verses of divine wisdom.


"Be still and know that I am God."


Serving Him with you

Until He comes for us.

Fred