June 7, 2024

         “My greatest strength is that I have no weakness.”

                                         - John McEnroe -

I do not think Moses ever said this and I am sure I never thought this. Of course, neither Moses nor I play tennis.


I probably spend more time than most focusing on my weaknesses of which there are many. I’m sure it is from a childhood that inculcated insecurities that are very difficult to uninstall.


Moses had some great natural strengths that I do not. He also had some vexing insecurities that I do as well. But Moses came to experience and the apostle Paul explained that in our weakness we are strong, for in our weakness, He is strong.


This can only occur because He lives in me. Paul put it so well, “It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me.”  How is that for perspective? It is even better. “And the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me, and delivered Himself up for me.  (Galatians 2:20)


As I live the Spirit-filled life, as I walk by the Spirit, as I submit to the leading of the Spirit of God, the grace of God is all that I need. Because as Moses experienced and the Lord explained it to Paul and is still true today for me; “My grace is sufficient for you.”


Moses and Paul knew it to be true. I am a remedial learner.


Serving Him with you

Until He comes for us.

Fred