June 21,2024

No Excuses!

When preachers sin it is big news. And it seems to create a feeding frenzy that allows the world to justify its own moral status and allow for its own version of virtue signaling.


Disdain and contempt, contained in shouts of “hypocrisy” or “get your own house in order” are justified. We the church must accept the condemnation of the public. We have failed, we will fail again.


But we must not become a circular firing squad. We must not give up or give in. We must go on as we live imperfectly in this imperfect world. I am still an ambassador for Christ with all my imperfections.


I remind myself of the Williams Brother’s song; “I’m just a nobody telling everybody about somebody who can save anybody.”


And it is all by His grace (Eph. 2:8-9; Gal 2:16; Rom 3:21; John 3:16)


"There but by the grace of God go I." How true for all of us.


Serving Him with you

Until He comes for us.

Fred