March 17, 2023


All Journeys Have a Secret Destination

of Which the Traveler is Unaware

-Martin Buber-

In my life, my plans have not always been His plans. I have often discovered that Life is what happens after you plan. But I am learning that His paths are always better than my plans.


I have been what is called a full-time vocational minister for the past 48 years. I marvel at what the Lord has allowed me to do and what He has allowed me to become. In my wildest dreams I would never (nor would anybody else) have foreseen the journey or the destination the Lord has planned and provided for me. Talk about a miracle!


Easy is not a word I would use to describe my life. However, the apostle Paul gives me perspective, which is always good to have when he declares: “This momentary light affliction is producing for us an eternal weight of glory.” (2 Corinthians 4:17) Note the contrasts:


Momentary-vs-EternalLight-vs-Weight, Affliction-vs-Glory. Perspective is everything. Is it not?  


Paul again pronounces this perspective; “For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us.” (Romans 8:18)


As the old Christian proverb reminds me; I am not in the land of the living, headed for the land of the dying. I am in the land of the dying, headed for the land of the living.


My ultimate destination is not a secret. I am fully aware of where it is. I just do not know when it is. But until it is, I will make my plans and follow His paths.


Serving Him with you,

until He comes for us.


Fred