March 3, 2023

We Bid Farewell to Our Greatness

~Shakespeare~

The Bard of Avon perhaps has captured the status of America today as we witness our culture falling under the weight of its own contradictions and absurdities. However, many a Christian has failed to perceive or ponder their personal inherent greatness by being a Christian. We truly are a miracle.


First, essentially we are made in the image of God. We are divine imagers who are to represent God upon the earth as we have rulership and dominion. We are in His likeness and as such “…we are to do justice, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.” (Micah 6:8)


Second, existentially we are not who we were. We are a new man and a new woman, united in Christ and indwelt by the Holy Spirit. Because of the spectacular person of Christ and the stupendous achievement of Christ upon the cross, I am in Him, and I am not what I was, and I am not who I was.


Third, relationally I am a part of the universal body of Christ. I am part of a local church, but I am also a part of the universal church-the body of Christ. I am not alone, and I am not on my own. I have been bought with a price and I am a portrait of righteousness.


All of this is summarized by the apostle Paul. In Galatians 2:20 he declares the doctrinal truth- “I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me, and delivered Himself up for me.”


In Romans 12:2 he demands deportment based upon the truth that states; Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good, acceptable, and perfect.”


Are you living in light of who you are and whose you are?


Serving Him with you,

until He comes for us.


Fred