September 28, 2018




"Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing
because he could only do a little."

                                                                    - Edmund Burke -

I feel like I can do so little. I feel like a sense of moral vandalism has been perpetrated upon me. The fact is as Flannery O'Connor said, "The truth does not change according to our ability to stomach it."  I cannot stomach it. I am sick of it. "It" in a word is Congress.  As Mark Twain said, "There is no distinctly native American criminal class, save Congress."  A tradition without intelligence is not worth having, and that sounds like today's U.S. senate. I feel like I've been watching a circus. Have they lost their minds?

It seems to me that the radical progressives of the liberal left have conspired to keep the conscience of our country in a state of slumber. But we cannot afford to slumber, we dare not be asleep at the switch, for a bigger "switch" may take place and we may lose our country.  
And so, I dare to offend because I dare to be honest. George Orwell was right, "The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." The times we are living in are fearful and fraught with hate that seems to rule the day. This state of affairs is unthinkable, it is unconscionable, it is simply unbelievable.

BUT..... all that I see is not all there is to see. There are other realities at work. As Jesus reminds me; "Let not your heart be troubled. You believe in God believe also in Me."    

I do believe, Lord Jesus, but help my unbelief.  Help me to see You in all Your glory and all Your goodness as the great God that You are.  For You are the only wise God, who is from everlasting to everlasting and has everlasting dominion forever and ever. I kneel at your feet. Thy will be done.

        
Serving Him with you
Until He comes for us,

Fred